Before Intravenous Sedation Anesthesia
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment. The only exception is a small amount of water only may be had GREATER THAN FOUR (4) hours prior to surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience, or at any time if taking prescription pain medication.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office. Anesthesia will not be provided during or within two weeks of a respiratory illness.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our doctors prior to your surgical date for instructions. Some medications may be taken with a small sip of water.
How Can We Help Restore Your Smile?
We are ready to provide you with exceptional Oral Surgery services such as dental implant placement, wisdom teeth removal, jaw surgery, and more!